srimathe ramanujaya nama:
srimad varavaramunaye nama:
sri vaanaachala mahamunaye nama:
Samskaara means the process of cleansing or purifying. It is the process which transforms one from an unqualified state to a qualified state. It is by this process one first becomes a srivaishnava. Just like taking birth in a braahmana family makes it easy for some one to become a braahmana by going through the brahma yajna process, taking birth in a srivaishnava family makes it easy for some one to become a srivaishnava through the pancha samskaaram process. The beauty/distinction here compared to the braahmana family example is, one need not be born in a srivaishnava family to become a srivaishnava - because srivaishnavam is associated to the soul while braahmanyam is just associated with the body.
- thApa (austerity) - shanka chakra lAnchanam - heated impression of shanka and chakra on our shoulders. This identifies that we are property of emperumaan - just like a vessel is marked with the symbols of the owner, we are marked with the symbols of emperumaan.
- punDra (symbol) - dwAdasa urdhva pundra dhAranam - wearing of Urdhva pundram (Thiruman and SriChUrnam).
- nAma (name) - dAsya namam - a new name given by the AchAraya (rAmAnuja dAsan, madhurakavi dAsan, srivaishnava dAsan).
- mantra - mantrOpadesam - learning the secret mantra from the acharyan; mantra - that which relieves the chanter from grief - thirumanthiram, dwayam and charamaslokam which releases us from samsara.
- yAga - dEva pUja - learning the thiruvArAdhanam process.
- As sAstrAs say, tattva JnAnAn mOksha lAbha: - by gaining knowledge about the brahmam, one gets mOKsha. By getting valuable knowledge from an AchAryA in artha panchakam (brahmam - God, jIva - soul, upAyam - means to attain God, upEyam - the result, virOdhi - hurdles which are stopping souls from getting the result) which is part of the mantrOpadesam, we become eligible to secure the ultimate goal - performing kainkaryam in nitya vibhUthi to Sriya:pathi.
- While in the current life, performing kainkaryam to our AchAryan and Srivaishnavas (by doing in many possible ways) and ArchAvatAra emberumAn - through thiruvArAdhanam at home and divya dEsa kainkaryam.