srImadh varavaramunayE nama:
srI vAnAchala mahAmunayE nama:
- thiruviruththam - rig vEdha sAram
- thiruvAsiriyam - yajur vEdha sAram
- periya thiruvanthAdhi - atharvaNa vEdha sAram
- thiruvAimozhi - sAma vEdha sAram
- mAmunigaL highlights that "vEdhaththukku Om ennumathu pOl" - just like praNavam (OmkAra) is the essence of vEdham and is thus recited at the beginning of any vEdha pArAyaNam, thiruppallANdu highlights the identity of jIvAthmA and paramAthmA. So, thriuppallANdu is explained first to understand the sambandha gyAnam (knowledge about the relationship between jIvAthmA and paramAthmA).
- mAmunigaL highlights that "vAyththa thirumanthiraththin madhdhimamAm patham pOl" - just like the "nama:" which explains the upAyam and is in the middle of thirumanthram, kaNNinuN chiru thAmbu explains the upAya gyAnam (knowledge about the means to reach emperumAn).
- nArAyaNAya sabdham in thirumanthram explains the auspicious qualities of bhagavAn and kainkaryam. thiruvAimozhi is filled with narration of bhagavAn's auspicious qualities - every paththu (centum) is focussed on a particular quality of emperumAn, every padhigam (decade) is focussed on a particular quality of emperumAn and even every pAsuram is focussed on a particular quality of emperumAn. So, thiruvAimozhi explains the upEya gyAnam (knowledge about the ultimate goal - performing eternal kainkaryam after being overwhelmed with the auspicious qualities of bhagavAn).
mAlai/parivattam (garland/vasthrams) prasAdham from various dhivyadhEsams had arrived and gOmatam swamy was honoured with those prasAdhams. prasAdhams from srI rangam, thiruvallikkENi, kAnchipuram, thirukkurungudi, thirumAlirunchOlai, srIvilliputhUr, nava thiruppathi, thirunAngur, srIperumbUthUr, etc., were offered to gOmatam swamy. Finally, vidhwath sambhAvanai was offered to gOmatam swamy which was followed by sumptuous prasAdham to every one attended.
Full Set of pictures of the sARRumuRai event:
- thirukkurungudi sudharsan swamy - https://plus.google.com/photos/110701388708933064066/albums/5926375391537323729
archived in http://ponnadi.blogspot.in, also visit http://guruparamparai.wordpress.com, http://sriperumbuthur.blogspot.com
Source: The first part of this article explaining the glories of bhagavath vishayam is based on articles by srI U. vE. TA krishNamAchAryar swamy and vELukkudi srI U. vE. varadhAchAryar swamy published in srIrangadhanam by srI U. vE. kOil AthAn ranganAthan swamy.